The research unit CMA-UBI was created to promote high level scientific research in several areas of Mathematics (Algebra, Analysis, Geometry, Probability, Statistics) and their applications to Theoretical Physics. In face of the increasing quality and number of its publication records
, the main guidelines of CMA-UBI are the following:
• Intensification and internationalization of already existing high quality research in its areas of activity;
• Additional engagement in national and international networks and partnerships in order to diversify its funding sources;
• Additional promotion of multidisciplinary research;
• Further intensification of post-graduate training;
• Additional promotion of mathematical and applications, viz. physics (theory) culture in the region of Beira Interior.
CMA-UBI is a research unit hosted by University da Beira Interior, which offers physical facilities, budget management, computing support and institutional framework to the persecution of its activities.
CMA-UBI has three research groups with the following principal investigators:
Analysis and Theoretical Physics
(ATP) - Paulo Vargas MonizAlgebra, Geometry
(AG) - Rui Miguel Nobre MartinsPachecoProbability and Statistics
(PS) - Célia Maria Pinto Nunes